Eng. Kais Al-Essa, the Operations and Technical Services Manager for Sahara Net, announced today that his company has launched its latest offering: “Sahara MPLS”.
He explained that this new offering is unique in many ways and comes as a result of over 6 months of development and testing with select customers. He mentioned that the new service is targeting enterprise customers and provides them with the following main advantages:
- Savings in cost of connectivity, as the new service is moderately priced.
- Savings in the cost of equipment, as it uses available equipment.
- Secure communications between branches which provides the organization with its own private network.
- Ease of setup and installation as Sahara Net will handle most of the needed setup.
- Does not require experienced engineers at the customer sites.
- Sahara Net can provide all needed equipment and installation, if the customer desires.
MPLS stands for Multi Protocol Label Switching which is considered the latest proven technology to establish secure wide area communications between branches of an organization. MPLS also enables the mixed use of multiple applications such as Voice over IP, Video Conferencing, in addition to other office applications without jeopardizing quality of these services as the customer or service provider can setup quality of service measures.
Eng. Kais also explained that “Sahara MPLS” is a unique offering because for the 1st time MPLS is available across different network providers and different connectivity technologies. Such advancement is a big step forward towards enabling more organizations to be online “securely.”
It is worth mentioning that Sahara Net was the 1st to provide any sort of Internet services in Saudi Arabia back in 1994. It is currently ranked as the 3rd largest ISP and the largest hosting provider in Saudi Arabia.